Happy Fall!! It does not seem like fall in Arizona and I am so jealous of the cooling weather a lot of you are getting. Time to start switching wardrobes and getting rid of the things you don’t wear anymore. We no longer do trade ins but there are several outlets that you can utilize to try to recoup some of your costs.
1. Resale Shops : Make sure your items are neatly placed in a bag or bin and clean. It will save time and make you more cash. Also, PLEASE do not turn in items coated with animal hair. Most stores will not even look at the items because most stores do not clean their items–that is what the funky smell is. At Strawberry Monday, we wash everything before it hits the shelves or the mail.
2. Consignment Sales : These sales take some time on your part but can be really profitable. Make sure to mark your items to sell. If they are marked too high you will be bringing them home and will not be happy 😦 .
3. Yard Sale : You can have a sale but from my experience people do not want to pay more than $2 for a clothing item. If you have things that you need more from then do the Consignment sales. Make sure to hang your items nice or have them on tables. Many people can not get down on the ground to dig –myself included–and will not even stop at your sale. If you invest some time to make it look nice you will make much more money.
4. Sell Online : Ebay is a great outlet but is very time consuming–I know! Also, the more you list the more business you will have. If you sell Online, make sure your pictures are nice and abundant. Invest in a half torso mannequin if you can–they are about $20. Also, outside is the best place for true light and make yourself a scene. It looks more professional if items are not laid on a floor or bed.
Also, Craigslist.com is a good outlet but be safe about it. Don’t let people come to your home if you can help it. Generally, most people are honest and true but there are some that do not have good intentions. Just keep safe.
5. Switch With Your Pals :
Save your items and get together with your friends and switch. That can be really fun!
6. Donate : If you don’t have time for any of this just donate. Many people will benefit from your kindness.
When I go through my closets I have 3 bins :
Donate – Yard Sale – Resale.
I resale, then yard sale, then donate. It works for me.
Regarding Strawberry Monday, we are fully Online now. It takes a lot of time so please be patient. I am almost done listing children’s items and will be listing ladies’ soon and as well as . You will be able to purchase from our website, Ebay and Etsy stores. Or just call or email me directly.
Coupons and deals will be offered to our Facebook fans so please like us! 🙂